This is the basic leadership unit of a United Methodist congregation, and meets once a year in the fall except when special “called” sessions are necessary. The membership of the Charge Conference is composed of all the members of the Church Council, and does many of the following:
- It reviews the programs of the church and makes sure they are being implemented.
- It adopts objectives and goals for ministry in the church.
- It elects personnel and officers for the local church.
- It sets salary for all appointed clergy.
- It recommends candidates for ordained ministry.
- It recommends persons to be lay servants.